Saturday, July 24, 2010

Buon giorno.

After years of resistance, I've finally succumbed and decided to join the world of blogging. The impetus is my upcoming trip to Italy: I'll be spending a month in Verona for a language study program, and hope to use this space to share my travel and foodie adventures with family and friends. I can't wait to explore the cuisine of the Veneto; the best part of the trip is that I will have a kitchen all to myself!

I'm getting a head start on my food-tourism. Today a neighbor brought over a bag of intensely sweet, perfectly ripe peaches from his backyard tree. Well, I know that bar-hopping in Venice will be a challenge on a student budget, so instead I decided to treat myself to a homemade version of the city's signature cocktail, the Bellini. I peeled and seeded the peaches -- they were so juicy I had to stop myself from eating them all! -- and pureed them with the juice of one lemon and a couple tablespoons of sugar. Then pour into a champagne flute and top with prosecco or other sparkling wine. Delicious. If only I'd remembered to take a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment